Get Our DIY Designer's Guide for Creating Memorable and Successful Landing Page
Is Call Tracking Right for Your Business? A 2023 Guide to Call Tracking Analytics
CallRail and Call Tracking Metrics are both powerful call-tracking tools with robust features that help businesses make sense of their calls. What this means is, call tracking software can help you identify which Ads or marketing campaigns drove the customer to call, what the result of the call was, and what important keywords were used during the conversation.
If your business generates most of its sales through calls, these metrics can help you increase conversion rates and ROI.
How can your business use call tracking analytics?
Call tracking provides valuable insight into how callers found your business. Did they find you through an ad or a marketing campaign? Which web-page was it? What keywords stuck out to the caller that drove them to make the call? Marketing teams can use this information to determine where leads came from:
- Your website
- Third-party directories
- Advertising campaigns
- Social media
When your business uses call tracking, it’s possible to follow a leads route to how they found your business. Businesses can then take this information and focus their ads, marketing campaigns, websites, and social media to make good use of the keywords and information that have the highest conversion rates.
Why is Call Tracking Valuable to Your Business?
Call tracking can be extremely valuable for your team, primarily for your marketing strategy. For example, if your business has been advertising on Facebook and that is where leads are finding your number, your marketing team can increase ad spending on the platform.
But if you’re also spending money on Bing or Google and no one is calling, you can track this lack of calls and decide whether you’ll:
- Reduce ad spending on the platforms
- Change advertisements to try and increase calls
When you know where phone leads come from, you can choose to increase expenditures on the platforms that drive the most traffic and reduce spending on platforms that are not profitable. This is important because Forrester estimates that 84% of marketers say that phone calls have higher conversion rates than any other form of engagement. This means that if you don’t track your calls you don’t have the full picture of your ROI!
There are a lot of cases where call tracking has proven to be a profitable marketing tool.
In addition to this, call tracking will only increasingly become important in 2023 due to the ever-growing rise of mobile web design and smartphones. People are on phones more often, meaning they have more opportunities to call you.
What are examples of call-tracking analytics being used?
What does success look like for call-tracking campaigns?
Calls are often the most valuable leads. The person on the other end of the line has done their research, looked at your offering and is deciding to call you to make a purchase or learn more about what you offer.
Using the information you gather through call tracking software, you can truly focus and hone in on exactly what your callers like about your product or service. Sales teams can then read off highly optimized scripts to convert the caller into a sale.
There are a lot of success stories where call tracking has been able to help businesses increase sales.
What is Callrail? What is Call Tracking Metrics? We’ll cover both of these questions in the next section.
What is CallRail?
Better understanding of customers and improved ROI
Think Profits Used CallRail
Think Profits, a digital marketing agency, used CallRail to better understand their audience.
CallRail’s in-depth features allowed Think Profits to increase ROI and better understand their potential clients on a deeper level than what’s possible without call tracking. This includes the following:
- Caller behavior, where callers live, and what time of day the caller calls.
- Patterns that lead clients to convert (or not).
- What makes people pick up the phone and make a call.
- How employees interact with callers.
Call tracking allowed the company to increase conversions and ROI using the CallRail’s system. The company noted that they were able to learn the best times to reach out to customers and used call recording extensively.
Call recording allowed the company to uncover what:
- Frustrates callers.
- Converts callers.
Improving conversions was possible by tailoring the way that sales agents talk. Dynamic Number Insertion, a tool to track callers, further helped marketing teams understand what ad campaigns and landing pages worked and which did not.
Through tracking, it was possible to eliminate the marketing campaigns that didn’t convert while putting more time and resources into campaigns that do work.
Looking for CallRail Alternatives or Competitors?
We’ve found a great study from CallRail competitors. Keep reading to see learn more about the benefits of CallRail vs Call Tracking Metrics.
Callsling is another alternative to Callrail and a Call Tracking Metrics competitor.
Call Tracking Metrics
10% CRO with Call Tracking Metrics
Captain Dave’s Dolphin Safari Increases Conversion Rates by 10% Using Call Tracking Metrics
Captain Dave’s recounts their story of how they were able to increase conversion rates from 25% to 35% using call tracking and the tools that Call Tracking Metrics provides. The company is working towards the goal of a 50% conversion rate.
The company relies on calls for around 50% of their reservations.
After hiring an agency to help with paid advertising efforts, the company learned about call tracking and the tools offered through Call Tracking Metrics.
- Tracked calls and found that adding the name of their company to Google campaigns helped boost conversions because competitors were buying their name as a keyword to steal customers away.
- Tracked agent performance and see which agents were able to lead to the most bookings.
- Recorded calls to determine the training sales agents needed to improve sales.
Ultimately, the company was able to gather 1-star and 5-star calls that they now use for training new agents on what type of calls convert and which do not.
Through call tracking and the advanced tools available through Call Tracking Metrics, the company was able to increase conversions from 25% to 35% without increasing ad expenditures.
Call Tracking Metrics support agents are also known to follow-up days/weeks after technical issues to ensure everything stays fixed which in itself is very valuable. The reporting dashboard is extremely customizable and still user friendly, and it is very easy to connect with Google Ads, Analytics, Bing Ads, etc.
How Do You Get Started with Call Tracking?
CallRail and Call Tracking Metrics are the two most well-known and respected companies in call tracking. A few alternatives have popped up in recent years that offer a lot of great features, but the longevity, quality, and features of these two call tracking options are too good to overlook.
Implementing call tracking is easy with either service.
CallRail has a 14-day free trial, which allows you to test out their service and see if it’s the right choice for you. A single line of code is all that’s needed to add tracking to your website. Once added, you’ll be able to use all of the data from CallRail in your:
- Google Analytics
- Social and Search Advertising
Straightforward and accessible, CallRail doesn’t require a contract and provides a plethora of features:
- Call tracking and analytics: Call tracking is the company’s main product and offers the ability to measure conversations from a variety of sources, including search, offline and online campaigns, websites, and marketing campaigns. You can also track PPC keywords.
- Dynamic number insertion: Tracking phone numbers can be customized to automatically understand a visitor’s journey before and after a call is made.
- Multi-Touch CPL reporting: Combine your inbound calls, form leads, and texts into your ad spending via Google, Facebook, or Microsoft Ads.
- Instant number setup: It takes less than a minute to configure a new call tracking number. With custom numbers, you can create call routing for your business that can be used to understanding calls, based on the number provided, to tailor your sales teams’ message to the right product or service offered.
- Record phone calls: Call recording is one of the most powerful tools that allow you to record calls and improve customer service. You’ll be able to record, annotate and review calls to better understand how agents can close more sales.
Understanding your customer’s interactions can improve conversion rates for calls and provide a better understanding of where leads are finding your company.
Extend functionality even further with the use of:
- Conversation intelligence creates transcriptions that allow you to better understand what happens during a call.
- Form tracking allows for a single line of code to help trace all of your form submissions with your marketing efforts.
Through in-depth intelligence, it’s possible to correlate marketing channels and transcripts to determine what works and doesn’t work for each marketing channel.
Call Tracking Metrics
Looking for CallRail competitors? Check out Call Tracking Metrics
Call Tracking Metrics offers unlimited users, a demo of the service and a 14-day free trial which is very hard to find on their site. Over 100,000 users trust the platform for their call tracking needs.
Multiple tier options are available with great features, such as:
- Call tracking: Multi-channel call attribution and call tracking provide you with more options to track your calls. Track calls from all of your marketing, including print, TV ads, SEO and direct mail.
- Dynamic number insertion: One line of code is needed to add dynamic number insertion to your site. The code allows for tracking numbers to dynamically swap out your phone number to track the source of users.
- Web-based tracking: Track leads that communicate with you on click-to-call forms, text and live chat.
- Intelligent automation: AI increases revenue and productivity by reducing the time to conversation. Customize your entire communication flow and improve caller experience with intelligent call routing, IVR and AI.
- Analytics and reporting: Every call provides valuable insights that can be invaluable to your business. Use advanced analytics for customer sentiment, action automation, call scoring and tagging. These features help sales agents improve and new team members succeed faster.
Call Tracking Metrics doesn’t stop with the features they offer. They also offer keyword spotting, call recording and transcription and notifications. Monitor and log all of your conversations in real-time to allow teams to make data-driven decisions.
The platform also allows you to purchase:
- Toll-free numbers
- Vanity numbers
- Short codes
FormReactor further empowers your team and marketing with a single embed code. The code can add routing and will send the call to your queue. Agents will be connected to the lead while knowing the exact ad that is associated with the caller.
Get Better Insights on Local SEO rankings with Call Tracking
As you’ve already read, call tracking is a powerful tool for your business. Properly implemented call tracking on your Google Maps can help you understand how well your ranking on local search queries – a general indicator of how well your local SEO signals are.
Some more benefits – as previously mentioned – include;
- Being able to better track your ROI. Call tracking provides a lot of information to help you determine what your actual return on investment is.
- You can determine your best calling hours. Figure out exactly when the highest volume of calls are coming into your business.
- It allows you to make more informed decisions. Utilizing the information you gather through call tracking such as call length, callers, keywords and more, you can optimize your campaigns.
- You can hone in on your target market. Using the information you gain from call tracking, you can better understand your target demographic, and therefore optimize and increase conversion rates.
- Recording incoming calls gives you valuable information about customers. You can figure out where your customer pain-points are or what products/services they prefer. You can then use this information to make adjustments in your plan.
- You can determine if your online strategies are effective. Using call tracking software you can figure out where your traffic is coming from and optimize that funnel.
- It can provide information that helps you refine your SEO. Collecting information that shows you which of your keywords are doing the most work.
Both CallRail and Call Tracking Metrics offer robust features and the ability to track all of your calls and more. CallRail does edge out the competition due to their high reliability and anti-spam technology that blocks spam calls automatically and for free.
Since both call tracking companies offer robust features and a free trial, give each a try and decide which one works best for your business.
Which call tracking metrics company do we prefer?
We’re big fans of Call Tracking Metrics over CallRail. In our experience working with it, the Call Tracking Metrics platform is stronger, and the company, Call Tracking Metrics, offers better support. Not only that, but CTM has a better pricepoint than CallRail. At the end of the day it does have more robust features and is better for long-term use. In short, it is easy for a small business to get started with call analytics by signing up for Call Tracking Metrics.
If you need any help selecting and implementing a call tracking system for your website or marketing campaigns, we’d be glad to help. Contact us for more information.